Learn to communicate effectively
- So how well do you communicate?
- Is your message received as you intended it to be?
- Do you have a preferred communication style?
Communication is the process by which we convey meaning in an attempt to create shared understanding. This process requires a vast range of skills both intrapersonal and interpersonal, such as listening, observing, speaking, questioning, analysing and evaluating.
The meaning of your communication is the response that you get
People will respond to what they think you mean, which may be an accurate or inaccurate interpretation of your intended meaning. “communication” is the ‘whole’ message – not only what you said but also all of the accompanying non-verbal signals.
We are influenced by The 3 V’s:
- Verbal – the words you use
- Vocal – the way you say things
- Visual – the way you look
but not in equal amounts!!