Life, there is so much potential, you have no idea now what you will become. So focus on an area of your life that you want to unleash your unlimited potential, let go and then enjoy the ride. ‘Best not to take it too seriously!’ says our guest blogger and Associate, John Drew, who has just retired from a successful 40-year career in Investment Banking and Finance. He has some great humorous insights of his learning on six areas of his own life, please enjoy.
In life I have learned….
- I’ve learned that the one thing we learn from experience is that we never learn from experience.
- I’ve learned that experience is the quality you gain, usually immediately following the moment you most needed it.
- I’ve learned that it is easy to reach agreement with my wife. I admit that I’m wrong, and my wife agrees.
- I’ve learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
- I’ve learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away. And the real pains in the ass are permanent.
- I’ve learned that in Communism man exploits man, but under Capitalism, it’s the other way round.
- I’ve learned that in politics, stupidity is not a handicap.
- I’ve learned that life can be understood backwards, but must be lived forwards.
- I’ve learned that by lifting others we lift ourselves (caution the reverse is also true).
- I’ve learned that new beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
- I’ve learned that there is more to life than increasing its speed.
- I’ve learned that there is little room for wisdom when one is full of judgment.
- I’ve learned that nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
- I’ve learned that the art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
Banking & Finance
- I’ve learned that creditors have better memories than debtors.
- I’ve learned that a Bank is a place that will lend you money providing you can prove that you don’t need it
- I’ve learned that debt is like an escalator, it’s easy to get off after the first three steps, but becomes much harder after that.
- I’ve learned to be happy and live within my means, even if I have to borrow the money to do it.
- I’ve learned that 42.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.
- I’ve learned that if all economists in the world were laid end to end, you still wouldn’t reach a conclusion.
And the rest
- I’ve learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
- I’ve learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty
- I’ve learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
- I’ve learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural
- I’ve learned not to judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes. That way, when you come to judge him, you are a mile away, and you have his shoes.
- I’ve learned that confidence is what you have before you truly understand the problem.
- I’ve learned that the confidence of ignorance will always overcome the indecision of knowledge.
- I’ve learned that worry is like a rocking chair, it’ll give you something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.
- I’ve learned that people who can successfully delude themselves seem happier than the people who can’t.
We wish you an insightful, relaxed and simple 2017. Your goal if you choose to accept it is:
Take a deep breath…and let it go!
Stay Happy, Stay Fit, Stay True, Be Extraordinary!
We would love to hear from you, so fill in the blank
In life I have learned….
Leave a comment or drop us a line.